A fabulous modern conversion of the stables of historic Brinkburn Estate. Situated within the beautiful setting of Brinkburn Priory near Rothbury in the Coquet Valley. this stylish self catering accommodation is perfect for a large family get-together, 2 or 3 families or couples holidaying together. Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome. Free Wi-Fi.
We offer, a flexible mid week break, or a long weekend and our guests can arrive at 4.00pm and check out by 10.00 am.
Positioned between the lounge and the kitchen is a spacious, stlylish, bright and airy dining room with a table seating up to 10 overlooking the pretty patio area and woodland beyond. Exposed stone walls and solid oak floors with underfloor heating.
Large open plan kitchen/family area
Open plan from the dining room is a magnificent kitchen/family room with a high beamed ceiling with windows and full height windows filling virtually the whole of one entire wall. A glazed door leads directly onto a large patio.
The kitchen is stylish and contemporary, comprehensively equipped with all the usual appliances; electric ovens and induction hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, Dolce Gusto coffee machine and Quooker boiling hot water tap. There is an efficient wood burning stove at one end of this large room, complimenting the underfloor heating, and comfortable cream leather sofas for informal gathering. There is a library of books for all ages and tastes.
The main entrance leads into a spacious yet incredibly cosy lounge, with comfortable sofas and a magnificent wood burning stove (wood provided). Large screen TV with DVD player and digital channels. Solid wood floor with rugs.
PLEASE NOTE: The Stables and the adjacent Priory Cottage can be booked together to provide larger accommodation for a maximum of 9 adults, 3 children and 3 infants. .
Bedroom 1 – Master Bedroom
A beautifully spacious kingsize bed with a view overlooking both the River Coquet and the garden with Brinkburn Priory Beyond. This bedroom comes with an immaculately and stylish en suite bathroom; fitted with both bath and shower.
* Ante-room to the Master Bedroom
Adjacent to the master bedroom is a small additional room with a single fold out bed. This room also contains a wash basin.
Bedroom 2 - Double Bedroom
Spacious room with a kingsize bed and south-facing window overlooking the garden with Brinkburn Priory beyond.
Bedroom 3 - Twin Beds/Super kingsize Double
Spacious room with twin single beds and south-facing window overlooking the garden and Priory. These beds can be converted to a luxury super king size double bed upon request for an extra £10.
Bedroom 4 - Single - Available by Arrangement Only
A quirky and compact bedroom, this room is accessed via a separate staircase from the kitchen/family room. PLEASE NOTE: This room is ONLY available by arrangement. Please contact us to enquire. It is separate from the other bedrooms and is quite compact, so is only suitable for an adult or independent child. It has a single bed with integral drawers for storage. It is designed to be used when a large party occupies both The Stables and Priory Cottage, please contact us to discuss if you are interested in using it.
Additional Child's Bed
An additional folding single bed can be accommodated in any of the double sized rooms to accommodate an extra child of 12 yrs or under.
A spacious stylish room with a bath, separate shower cubicle, wash hand basin and separate toilet.
Outside - Gardens and Parking
Parking for up to 2 cars adjacent to the house with extra parking nearby.
There is a large and sunny, south-facing patio and garden in front of the house with outside furniture and a barbecue . There are 35 acres of woodland and countryside surrounding Brinkburn to which guests of The Stables and Priory Cottage have unrestricted access to for walking (although dogs must be kept on leads near livestock). The beautiful River Coquet surrounds Brinkburn on 3 sides and fishing is permissible by our guests by arrangement at this stylish self catering accommodation.
- Secluded location in a stunning area
- Within easy reach of all of Northumberland's finest attractions
- Book with the adjoining 'Priory Cottage' to accommodate a maximum of 9 adults, 3 children & 3 infants
- 3 cots and highchairs available upon request (large cot bed sized cot and 2 travel cots)
- Twin beds convertible to a superking size double for a small extra charge of £10
- Large open plan contemporary kitchen, well equipped with all the usual appliances
- Dolce Gusto coffee machine (bring your own pods)
- Digital TV with Freeview and DVD player
- Free Wi-Fi BROADBAND (no telephone)
- Selection of books, toys, games and music for all ages
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and Belfast sink available in a useful boot room
- Pretty patio garden, furnished and south-facing
- Additional large patio available when both The Stables and Priory Cottage are booked together, accessed from the kitchen/family room
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome (£20 each charge per week or short break).
- All luxury bed linen and towels provided
- Complimentary welcome pack and luxury toiletries
- Underfloor and radiator heating complimented by wood burning stoves (fuel provided)
- Short breaks available throughout the year
- Fully equipped, including hairdryer, iron and ironing board
- Fishing available directly from the cottage on the River Coquet, click here for more information
No smoking in the house